NPR: Coronavirus And Parenting: What You Need To Know Now
NOTE: The printable comic for kids is linked through this enlightening article.
Kids Books Haven’t Prepared Us for the Coronavirus: from Fatherly
Things to think about for the youngest, along with a strong book suggestion: Llama Llama Home with Mama, by Anna Dewdney
Picture book by Steve Mould –
“Meet a glowing squid, traveling fungus spores, and much more in this dynamic and engaging book all about bacteria, viruses, and other germs and microbes. The Bacteria Book walks the line between “ew, gross!” and “oh, cool!,” exploring why we need bacteria and introducing readers to its microbial mates–viruses, fungi, algae, archaea, and protozoa.
From the Indianapolis Public Library:
Fact sheets and FAQs designed especially for use with children are available from kidshealth.org:
- The Story Seeds Podcast: Coronavirus PSA: How to Fight the New Bad Guy in Town by Jason Reynolds, the National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature
- What Is the New Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- ¿Qué es el coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Hand Washing: Why It’s So Important
- Lavarse las manos: por qué es importante